Curling is reported in Niagara Falls as early as 1887 but a curling club was not established until 1891, when the Niagara Falls Curling and Skating Association was founded. A natural-ice rink was built on River Road, near the Whirlpool Bridge, for both curling and skating, with two curling sheets. The rink was enlarged in 1893. In 1909 the Ontario Hockey Association decided the rink was too small for hockey under its new rules so a new hockey arena was built at Queen and St. Lawrence.
Sometime during the First World War the club ceased operation. The rink was sold and became a planing mill until it burnt down in the early 1920’s
There followed a hiatus of about 40 years with no curling rink in Niagara Falls. In 1954 the Curling Club was refounded and the site for the present club was purchased. Members curled for a year at the Stamford arena and another year later at St. Catharines Golf and Country Club while the rink was built.
The charter for the Club was presented on October 31, 1955 and the sod-turning ceremony was on November 9, 1955. On March 11, 1956 the roof and east wall of the building were demolished in a very strong windstorm but the damage was quickly repaired and the building was opened on April 6, 1956.
The present Club has maintained a membership in the four to five hundred range for most years. There have been many regional and some provincial bonspiels held at the Club and Niagara Falls teams have always been competitive. The most recent major event was the hosting of the Scott Tournament of Hearts Ontario Provincial Ladies Finals in February 1999.